Discover heaven on earth on the ultimate holiday river cruise.
If you’re looking to celebrate the holidays and welcome the New Year in incredible style, this special cruise is for you. You’ll sail through Germany, Austria and Hungary along the shimmering Danube and past incredible sights on this unique itinerary. Explore charming old-world villages and Gothic cathedrals, and escape the hurry and hassle of the holidays as you relax onboard a luxurious ship and cruise through the ravishing landscapes of the Danube.
On Christmas Eve, walk through the quiet medieval streets of Regensburg to the Gothic cathedral for Midnight Mass. As you pass through the magnificent doors, look up: You’ll see chalk marks invoking age-old blessings for all who enter. Listen to the harness bells chime as you ride through the serene Bavarian Forest in a horse-drawn wagon. Wander through locations from The Sound of Music in beautiful Salzburg and then warm up with rum-laced coffee. Meet Habsburg royalty during a private reception in a castle overlooking the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley.
Visit stunning churches and sample delicious wines in enchanting baroque villages. Ring in the New Year in Vienna, and see how a dusting of snow adds to the glamour of Hungary’s historic capital.
The mighty Danube takes you through three nations decked in all their holiday finery at this most delightful time of year.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 12 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 9 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 12-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the majestic S.S. Beatrice
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 3 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary
- 6 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
Package: Grand Christmas & New Year's
Duration: 13 Days
Destination: Nuremberg to Budapest
Ship: S.S. Beatrice
Rivers: Danube River, Rhine River, Main River