Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
Yala National Park is a huge area of forest, grassland and lagoons bordering the Indian Ocean, in southeast Sri Lanka. It’s home to wildlife such as leopards, elephants and crocodiles, as well as hundreds of bird species. Inland, Sithulpawwa is an ancient Buddhist monastery. Nearby caves contain centuries-old rock paintings. Southwest, Magul Maha Viharaya also has ancient Buddhist ruins. Both are pilgrimage sites.
Day 1 Kuala Lumpur – Colombo (MOB)
Upon arrival at Sri Lanka airport, meet our representative and proceed to Negombo for check in and overnight.
Day 2 Negombo – Sigiriya (Distance 178 km, estimated time 02 hrs) (B)
After breakfast, proceed to Sigiriya (optional USD30). Tour Dambulla Cave Temple and its beautiful sights. Overnight stay at Sigiriya.
Day 3 Sigiriya – Kandy (Distance 90 km, estimated time 01 hr) (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Kandy and visit the famous Spice Garden in Matale, Upper Lake Drive, Market Square, Arts & Crafts Centre, and Gem Museum & Temple of Tooth Relic. The hill capital, venue of the annual Perahera, Buddhism's influence in Sri Lanka today where the temple shrines and monasteries keeping alive Buddhist traditions. Visit temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and at night watch a Sri Lankan culture show. Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 4 Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (Distance 80 km, estimated time 01 hr) (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Nuwara Eliya to a guided tour of the Tea plantation to observe first-hand the process. Currently, Sri Lanka is one of largest exporter of Ceylon tea worldwide. Overnight at Nuwara Eliya.
Day 5 Nuwara Eliya – Katharagama (Distance 80 km, estimated time 02 hrs) (B)
After breakfast, proceed to Kataragama which is a pilgrimage town sacred to Buddhist, Hindu and indigenous Vedda people of Sri Lanka. People from South India also went there for worship. Yala Safari (optional USD 30 + Jeep USD 45). In the evening undertake a Jeep safari of the Yala (Ruhunu) National Park which has the highest concentration of leopards in Sri Lanka. Overnight at Tishamaharama hotel.
Day 6 Yala – Pass Thru Galle (B) (Distance 226 km, estimated time 02 hrs) (B)
After breakfast, proceed to Galle which is the city of living time capsule and the largest occupied Fort in Asia, its quaint beauty extends beyond its golden beaches and cerulean waters. Bask in the picturesque views and the rich history while walking through the narrow, cobbled streets within the Fort. Overnight at Bentota.
Day 7 Bentota – Colombo (Distance 85 km, estimated time 01 hr) (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Colombo and drive through Cinnamon Gardens, Visit Fort, the former British military garrison, Sea Street is the Goldsmiths quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, Hindu Temple, The Dutch Church of Wolfendhal. Visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha, the Independence Square and shopping at bazaars, boutique outlets, Odel is Sri Lanka’s most famous shop in the centre of town, home wear stores like Paradise Road, Suriya, Gandhara and Saffron Villas - antique furniture and Pettah Bazaar spend a hectic morning wandering the narrow streets. Transfer to Airport for fight back home.
Ground Tour cost valid till 31 March 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Accommodation as per itinerary with daily breakfast
- Private tour and Transportation as per itinerary with English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees, government taxes and service charges including toll, parking & fuel cost
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage sites
- 15 minutes head & shoulder massage (one time) and 2 mineral water bottles per person, per day
- Discounted shopping voucher, departure gift and 1 SIM cards with international calling facilities.
- Return international flight ticket
- Tipping for guide and driver
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 60 per person
- Lunch and Dinner
- Camera fee etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant trip
- Optional tour any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Price valid till 31 March 2020
- 15 Nov – 20 Dec 2019 – Peak + 10%
- 21 Dec 2019 – 05 Jan 2020 & CNY 2020 – Super Peak + 15%
- Rate and itinerary subject to change without prior notice