See everything from tulips to windmills on this journey during the season of rebirth.
From the canals of Amsterdam to the belfry of Bruges, you’ll discover the best of the Netherlands and Belgium. Stroll through colorful acres of tulips at Keukenhof Gardens to get a sense of the Netherlands’ extraordinary connection to these blooms. Then visit the 19 UNESCO-designated windmills of Kinderdijk to better understand how these mighty structures have been used to protect the Low Country from ever-rising water levels for hundreds of years.
Enjoy an exclusive “Morning with the Masters” visit to the Hermitage Amsterdam, the museum that is home of the sensational “Portrait Gallery of the Golden Age” exhibition. You’ll have the chance to see thirty massive 17th-century group portraits from impressive collections normally on display at the Amsterdam Museum and the Rijksmuseum–all under the same roof for the very first time. The thirty life-size portraits depict the lives of Dutch citizens in their respective cities. These “brothers and sisters” of the Night Watch are extremely unique and rarely seen due to their large size. Together, the portraits illustrate the collective citizenship that is typical of The Netherlands. Would you like to know why the Dutch attach so much importance to freedom and equality? Your answer hangs on the walls—in life-size form—at the Hermitage Amsterdam.
Wander through the picture-perfect villages of Veere, Hoorn and Enkhuizen, and the enchanting outdoor Zuiderzee Museum. Take in the dazzling skyline of Rotterdam as you cruise through the bustling harbor and drift along the canals of Bruges. All along the way, you’ll savor Dutch delights and Belgian treats as you sail the aquatic highways and byways of two amazing countries shaped by water.
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 9 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Do as the Locals Do” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- 9-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the imperial River Duchess or stunning River Princess
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 2 countries: Belgium, The Netherlands
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture
Package: Tulips & Windmills
Duration: 10 Days
Destination: Amsterdam to Antwerp
Ship: River Duchess or River Princess
Rivers: Rhine River
Price: from MYR12764