Christchurch (Māori: Ōtautahi) is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, and the third most-populous urban area in the country. As well as having the most attractions of any place in the South Island, it’s the major international entry point for visiting the rest of the island. It is on the east coast of the South Island, and is the centre of the Canterbury region.
New Zealand contains many glaciers, mostly located near the Main Divide of the Southern Alps in the South Island. They are classed as mid-latitude mountain glaciers. There are eighteen small glaciers in the North Island on Mount Ruapehu. An inventory of South Island glaciers compiled in the 1980s indicated there were about 3,155 glaciers with an area of at least one hectare (2.5 acres). Approximately one sixth of these glaciers covered more than 10 hectares.
Queenstown is a scenic town in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s one of the most beautiful regions and offers year round attractions. The town sits on the edge of Lake Wakatipu and is surrounded by the Southern Alps.
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch
Upon Arrival at New Zealand airport, proceed to the meeting point for transfer to hotel in a seat in coach. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 – Christchurch – Glacier Region (B)
Depart Christchurch on the Tranz Alpine Train and travel over the Southern Alps and into Greymouth. Travel over the Southern Alps and into Greymouth. Travel south along the rugged West Coast to arrive at the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers.
Day 3 – Glacier Region (B)
A full day at leisure to explore this magnificent glacier region. Optional activities include a valley walk to the face of the glacier, a scenic flight or helicopter on to glacier for a guided walk on the ice. Optional activities not included in the tour price.
Day 4 –Glacier Region –Wanaka (B)
Travel down the West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to the Haast Pass, gateway to World Heritage Westland national park. Continue around the shores of Lake Hawea to arrive in Wanaka early afternoon.
Day 5 –Wanaka – Queenstown (B)
This morning you visit Puzzling world, a unique attraction af puzzling eccentricity with its bizarre buildings, puzzle centre and illusion rooms. Continue to Queenstown.
Day 6 – Queenstown (B)
A free day to explore the endless optional attractions available. Queenstown offers bungy jumping, jetboating, white water rafting, gonala rides and much more. Optional activities not included in the tour price.
Day 7 – Queenstown – Mt Cook (B)
Travel south throught central Otago to Twizel before travelling around Lake Pukaki and into Mt Cook National Park. Optional activites at Mt Cook include scenic flights, a glacier boat ride and the Sir Edmund Hillary Centre. (Optional tours not included in the tour price)
Day 8 – Mt Cook – Christchurch (B)
Depart Mt Cook and stop on the shores of Lake Tekapo to visit the ‘Church of the Good Shepherd’. Continue across the fertile Canterbury Plains to arrive in Christchurch.
Day 9 – Departure Day (B)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport from hotel to New Zealand airport.
Ground Tour cost valid until 30 April 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Return airport transfer based on Private basis
- Transportation by deluxe air con coach.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Sightseeing entry fees and tour as specified in the itinerary ( Tranz Alpinhe Train, Puzzling World, Overnight stay at Aoraki Mt Cook)
- Arrival documents.
- 15% Goods and service tax
- Return international flight ticket
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 40.00 per person (Applicable for Malaysian Passport holder only)
- Camera fees etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant tips
- Optional tour and any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any transport during the day at leisure/Any additional rides
- 15 Nov – 20 Dec 2019 – Peak + 10%
- 21 Dec 2019 – 05 Jan 2020 & CNY 2020 – Super Peak + 15%
- Rate and itinerary subject to change without prior notice