Christchurch, known for its English heritage, is located on the east coast of New Zealand’s South Island. Flat-bottomed punts glide on the Avon River, which meanders through the city centre. On its banks are cycling paths, the green expanse of Hagley Park and Christchurch Botanic Gardens.
Milford Sound is probably one of New Zealand’s most well known scenic attractions. Milford Sound/ Piopiotahi is a fiord in the south west of New Zealand’s South Island within Fiordland National Park, Piopiotahi (Milford Sound) Marine Reserve, and the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage site.
New Zealand contains many glaciers, mostly located near the Main Divide of the Southern Alps in the South Island. They are classed as mid-latitude mountain glaciers. There are eighteen small glaciers in the North Island on Mount Ruapehu. An inventory of South Island glaciers compiled in the 1980s indicated there were about 3,155 glaciers with an area of at least one hectare (2.5 acres). Approximately one sixth of these glaciers covered more than 10 hectares.
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch
Upon Arrival at New Zealand airport, proceed to the meeting point for transfer to hotel in a seat in coach. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 – Christchurch – Dunedin (B)
Travel south across the Canterbury Plains to reach Scottish influenced Dunedin, renowned for the local wildlife and Otago University.
Day 3 – Dunedin – Queenstown (B)
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Dunedin city this morning. Travel to Queenstown this afternoon.
Day 4 – Mildford Sound (B/L)
Follow southern arm of Lake Wakatipu to Lumsden, and onward to Lake Te Anau. Enter the Eglinton Valley and travel through the breath taking man made Homer Tunnel to reach Milford Sound. Enjoy a cruise on this world famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Return to Queenstown.
Day 5 – Queenstown (B)
A free day to explore the endless optional attractions available. Queenstown offers bungy jumping, jetboating, white water rafting, gondola rides and much more. Take a lake cruise on a vintage steamship, the TTS Earnslaw, for a gourmet Barbeque Lunch or dinner at Walter Peak High Country Farm. Optional activities not included in the tour price.
Day 6 – Queenstown – Glacier Region (B)
Travel along shores of Lake Wanaka and Hawea to the Haast Pass. Continu up the West Coast past spectacular mountain ranges, native forests and lakes to the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers.
Day 7 – Glacier Region – Christchurch (B)
Travel north to Greymouth today and board the world famous Tranz Alpine train (coach guests only). Ascend through lush beech forests past the alpine village of Arthur’s Pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps onto Christchurch.
Day 8 – Departure Day (B)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport from hotel to New Zealand airport.
Ground Tour cost valid until 30 April 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Return airport transfer based on Private basis
- Transportation by deluxe air conditioner coach
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Sightseeing entry fees and tour as specified in the itinerary (Dunedin city tour, Milford Sound Cruise with lunch, Tranz Alphine Train)
- Arrival documents.
- 15% Goods and service tax
- Return international flight ticket
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 60.00 per person (Applicable for Malaysian passport holder only)
- Camera fees etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant tips
- Optional tour and any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any transport during the day at leisure/any additional rides