Christchurch (Māori: Ōtautahi) is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand, and the third most-populous urban area in the country. As well as having the most attractions of any place in the South Island, it’s the major international entry point for visiting the rest of the island. It is on the east coast of the South Island, and is the centre of the Canterbury region.
Queenstown lies at the only outlet to Lake Wakatipu (a bridge goes over the Kawarau River at Frankton), one of Otago and New Zealand’s most scenic lakes. It caters for tourists on a wide range of budgets, from backpackers to luxury tourists.
It can be said that in New Zealand it’s the countryside that’s magnificent, and perhaps no more so than the Southern Alps of the South Island. In the Mackenzie Country of Canterbury, the snow-capped jagged peaks rising above turquoise lakes have provided the inspiration for many a postcard. Tucked in behind is the country’s highest peak, Aoraki Mount Cook. The lakes and mountains continue south, becoming a stunning backdrop for the towns of Wanaka, Queenstown and Glenorchy.
Day 1 - Arrive Christchurch
Upon Arrival at New Zealand airport, proceed to the meeting point for transfer to hotel in a seat in coach. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 – Christchurch – Mt Cook – Queenstown (B)
Travel across the fertile Conterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo before continuing on to New Zealand’s highest mountain, Mt Cook. Depart Mt Cook and follow the shores of lake Pukaki south through the historic Central Otagp region to ‘Alpine Resort of Queenstown.
Day 3 – Milford Sound (B/L)
Follow the southern arm of Lake Wakatipu to Lumsden, and onward to Lake Te Anau. Enter the Eglinton Valley and travel through the breath taking man made Homer Tunnel to reach Milford Sound. Enjoy a cruise on this world famous fiord, dominated by Mitre Peak and the cascading Bowen Falls. Return to Queenstown.
Day 4 – Queenstown (B)
A free day to explore the endless optional attractions available. Queenstown offers bungy jumping, jetboating, white water rafting, gondalo rides and much more. Optional activites not included in tour price.
Day 5 – Queenstown – Glacier Region (B)
Depart queenstown this morning and travel along the shores of lakes Wanaka. Continue up the West Coast past spectacular mountain range to the Glacier Hot Pools (Farnz Josef) is included.
Day 6 – Glacier Region (B)
This morning enjoy a glacier valley walk. This afternoon is at your own leisure. Optional activies include helicopter scenic flights (optional tours Not Include)
Day 7 – Glacier Region – Christchurch (B)
Travel north to Greymouth today and board the world famous Tranz Alpine train (coach guests only). Ascend throught lush beech forests past the alpine village of Arthur’s Pass before crossing the spectacular Southern Alps onto Christchurch.
Day 8 – Departure Day (B)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport from hotel to New Zealand airport.
Ground Tour cost valid until 30 April 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Return airport transfer based on Private basis
- Transportation by deluxe air conditioner coach
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Sightseeing entry fees and tour as specified in the itinerary (Majestic Mt Cook, Milford Sound Cruise with Lunch, Glacier Valley Walk at Fox or Franz Josef, Tranz Alpine Train)
- Arrival documents
- 15% Goods and service tax
- Return international flight ticket
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 60.00 per person (Applicable for Malaysian passport holder only)
- Camera fees etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant tips
- Optional tour and any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any transport during the day at leisure/Any additional rides