Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka’s ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
Day 1 Colombo (MOB)
Upon arrival at the airport and meet our representative, then proceed to Negombo/Colombo for overnight.
Day 2 Negombo / Colombo – Sigiriya (Distance 178 km, estimated time 04 hrs 13 min) (B)
After breakfast proceed to Sigiriya. Tour Dambulla Cave Temple and its beautiful sights. Overnight stay.
Day 3 Sigiriya – Kandy (Distance 90 km, estimated time 02 hrs 38 min) (B)
After breakfast, proceed to Kandy and visit the famous Spice Garden in Matale, Upper Lake Drive, Market Square, Arts & Crafts Centre, and Gem Museum & Temple of Tooth Relic. Kandy the hill capital, venue of the annual Perahera. Buddhism's influence in Sri Lanka today where the temple shrines and monasteries keeping alive Buddhist traditions. Proceed to Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. At night you watch a Sri Lankan culture show. Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 4 Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (Distance 80 km, estimated time 02 hrs 35 min) (B)
After breakfast proceed to Nuwara Eliya to a guided tour of the Tea plantation to observe first-hand the process. Currently, Sri Lanka is one of largest exporter of Ceylon tea worldwide. Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya. Enroute visit Ramboda Falls.
Day 5 Nuwara Eliya – Galle (Distance 267 km, estimated time 06 hrs 15 min) (B)
After breakfast proceed to Galle world heritage site Marine Turtle Conservation in Kosgoda. Galle Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, covers nearly four sq. km, Main Gate which is still used today. Buildings of interest include the Dutch Reformed Church, All Saints Church, Amangalla Hotel (formerly the New Oriental Hotel), and the lighthouse and bell tower. Overnight stay at Galle.
Day 6 Galle – Colombo (Distance 125 km, estimated time 02 hrs 12 min) (B)
After breakfast proceed to Colombo and drive through Cinnamon Gardens, Visit Fort, the former British military garrison, Sea Street - the Goldsmiths quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, Hindu Temple, The Dutch Church of Wolfendhal. Visit the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, see the replica of Avukana Buddha & the Independence Square. Shopping at bazaars to stylish boutique outlets, Odel is Sri Lanka’s most famous shop in the centre of town. Home wear stores like Paradise Road, Suriya and Gandhara. Saffron Villas is popular for antique furniture. Spend a hectic morning wandering the narrow streets of Pettah Bazaar. Transfer to Airport for flight back home.
Ground Tour cost valid till 31 March 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Accommodation on Twin/Triple sharing basis as per itinerary
- Daily breakfast
- Private tour and transportation as per itinerary with English Speaking guide
- Entrance fees, government taxes and service charges including toll, parking & fuel Cost
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage sites (Entrance Fees Included for Sigiriya, Dambulla & Kandy Temple of Relic Tooth)
- Return international flight ticket
- Tipping for guide and driver
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 60 per person
- Lunch and Dinner
- Camera fee etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non- alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant trip
- Optional tour any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Price valid till 31 March 2020
- 15 Nov – 20 Dec 2019 – Peak + 10%
- 21 Dec 2019 – 05 Jan 2020 & CNY 2020 – Super Peak + 15%
- Rate and itinerary subject to change without prior notice