Amritsar is a city in the northwestern Indian state of Punjab, 28 kilometers from the border with Pakistan. At the center of its walled old town, the gilded Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib) is the holiest gurdwara (religious complex) of the Sikh religion. It’s at the end of a causeway, surrounded by the sacred Amrit Sarovar tank (lake), where pilgrims bathe.
Dharamshala is a municipal corporation city in the upper reaches of the Kangra Valley and is surrounded by dense coniferous forest consisting mainly of stately Deodar cedar trees. The suburbs include McLeod Ganj, Bhagsunath, Dharamkot, Naddi, Forsyth Ganj, Kotwali Bazaar (the main market), Kaccheri Adda (government offices such as the court, police, post, etc.), Dari, Ramnagar, Sidhpur, and Sidhbari (where the Karmapa is based). This place is also famous for its Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium (2003), which offers opportunities to the youth of state to prepare for their future in the game. The village of McLeod Ganj, lying in the upper reaches, is known worldwide for the presence of the Dalai Lama.
Day 1 Arrive Amritsar (MOB)
Upon arrival at the airport, meet and greet by our representative and transfer to hotel for check-in and overnight.
Day 2 Amritsar (B/L/D)
After breakfast, proceed to sightseeing tour of the world famous Golden Sikh Temple. Lunch at local restaurant. Proceed to Jailiawala Bagh and the local market. Transfer back to hotel. Dinner at hotel and overnight stay.
Day 3 Amritsar – Dharamsala (Mcleod Ganj) (Distance 203 km, estimated time 5 hrs drive one way) (B/L/D)
After breakfast, drive to Dharamsala. Upon arrival, check in and lunch at hotel at McLeod Ganj and later visit enchanting hill station at the ledge of Dhauladhar range. Known as India’s Mini Tibet, this area is filled with Tibetan culture, quaint streets, charming monasteries, olde worlde cafes and scenic natural beauty coupled with spiritual and tranquil vibes. Free and easy and visit nearby market. Dinner at hotel and overnight stay.
Day 4 Dharamsala (B/L/D)
After breakfast, depart for sightseeing tour of Dalai Lama’s Monastery. Lunch at hotel. Continue tour to market and village. Transfer back to hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 5 Dharamsala – Amritsar (Distance 203 km, estimated time 5 hrs drive one way) (B/L/D)
After breakfast, check-out. Lunch at local restaurant and drive to Wagah Border and witness Flag Retreat Ceremony Indo-Pak Wagah Border. Later back to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 6 Amritsar – Departure (B/L/D)
After breakfast, proceed to explore interesting shopping destinations. Amritsar city is famous for its traditional handicraft and handloom products including phulkari, lacquered woodwork and jewellery. Lunch at local restaurant. Visit Amritsar shopping attractions such as Punjabi suits, woollen garments and Patiala salwar Suites. Transfer to Amritsar Airport for departure.
Ground Tour cost valid till 31 March 2022
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- 05 Nights hotel accommodation based on Twin/ Triple sharing with daily breakfast
- Arrival and departure assistance
- All meals as per the itinerary mention.
- A/c transport for all airport transfers & sightseeing as per program.
- English speaking local spot guide
- All applicable taxes.
- Tipping for guide and driver
- India Visa Fees – MYR 210 (multiple entry with 1 year validity)
- International airfare
- Travel Insurance – MYR 60 per person
- Personal expenses like drinks, telephone, laundry bills
- Tips and porter charges
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc
- Any other services not specified above
- Price valid till 31 March 2022
- 15 Nov – 20 Dec 2021 – Peak + 10%
- 21 Dec 2021 – 05 Jan 2022 & CNY 2022 – Super Peak + 15%
- Rate and itinerary subject to change without prior notice