It can be said that in New Zealand it’s the countryside that’s magnificent, and perhaps no more so than the Southern Alps of the South Island. In the Mackenzie Country of Canterbury, the snow-capped jagged peaks rising above turquoise lakes have provided the inspiration for many a postcard. Tucked in behind is the country’s highest peak, Aoraki Mount Cook. The lakes and mountains continue south, becoming a stunning backdrop for the towns of Wanaka, Queenstown and Glenorchy.
Rotorua, a town set on its namesake lake on New Zealand’s North Island, is renowned for its geothermal activity and Maori culture. In Te Puia’s Whakarewarewa Valley, there are bubbling mud pools and the 30m-tall Pohutu Geyser, which erupts many times daily. It’s also home to a living Maori village and the New Zealand Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, with traditional wood carving and weaving schools.
Day 1 - Arrive Auckland
Upon Arrival at New Zealand airport, proceed to the meeting point and privately transferred to hotel. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2 – Auckland – Waitomo – Matamata – Rotorua (B)
Travel south past rolling green hills and lush pastureland to Waitomo Glowwarm Caves. Enjoy a guided tour of the weird and wonderful limestone formations and the magical boat ride under thousands of twinkling glowworms. Continueto Matamata and visit Hobbiton Movie set for a guided tour of Middle Earth. Continue to Rotorua.
Day 3 – Rotorua (B/D)
Visit Te Puia Thermal Reserve to see boiling mudpools and roaring geysers. Following this, visit the Agrodome for a New Zealand’s trout, birds and wildlife. This afternoon is at your own leisure to experience some of Rotorua’s other attractions. This evening enjoy an authentic Moori Hangi (feast) and concert.
Day 4 –Rotorua – Auckland (B)
Choose whether you spend the morning in the rotorua or in the afternoon in Auckland for some optional activities (optional activities not included in the tour price). Transfer from Rotorua to Auckland.
Day 5 – Departure day (B)
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport from hotel to New Zealand airport.
Ground Tour cost valid until 30 April 2020
COST PER PERSON IN MYR:
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Return airport transfer based on Private basis
- Transportation by deluxe air conditioner coach
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Sightseeing entry fees and tour as specified in the itinerary (Auckland – the ‘City of Sails’, Waitomo Glowworm Caves, Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour, Te Puia Thermal Reserve, Agrodome Farm Show, Rainbow Springs Nature Park)
- Traditional Maori Hangi (dinner) & Concert
- Arrival documents
- 15% Goods and service tax
- Return international flight ticket
- Travel Insurance VIP Plan – MYR 60.00 per person
- Camera fees etc. not specified
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Porterage & restaurant tips
- Optional tour and any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any transport during the day at leisure/Any additional rides