DATE VALIDITY: 31 December 2023
- OF PAX: Minimum 2 pax
DAY 1 – MIRI – LONG SEGAH SELA’AN – BOAT BA’AJENG (L/D)
Morning - meet & greet at your hotel & start your adventure journey by 4WD to Kedaya TelangUsan (KTU, Ulu Baram). The drive takes approximately 6 hours. Short Stop at Lapok Town for toilet break & self-explore the surrounding area before continuing along logging road to KTU. Starting from here you will see the scenic view of green mountain & forest. Late lunch at Kilometer 10, Samling base camp – Kilo 10 Café. After lunch, continue our drive to Long San Bridge for the scenic view of Baram River. From Long San, you have another approximately 1 hour to reach Long Segah Sela’an. From here, you will experience the boat ride to Ba’ Ajeng – one of the Penan Settlements within the Sela'an Area. The boat ride from Long Segah to Ba’ Ajeng will take about 1 to 2 hours depending on water level at the day. You might have to push & pull the boat when the water level is low. Or at some point you will have to walk by the riverbank to reach Ba’ Ajeng. Enjoy the beauty and the serenity of Ulu Baram by small boat. Upon arrival at Ba’ Ajeng, meet and greet with the Chief & they will show you the place to stay for the night. If time permits, swim at a nearby river or simply relax & enjoy the environment surrounded by nature. Baths and showers are often taken in rivers; however, some houses may have a room for washing, with bucket showers. Dinner will be at the Chief house. Have a good rest & good night. *Along the journey – you may stop the driver should you have any interests.
DAY 2 & DAY 3 – JUNGLE TREKKING & CAMPING – ESPERIENCE THE PENAN LIFE (B/L/D)
After breakfast, start your exciting jungle trekking, exploration and sleeping in expedition standard hammocks under the canopy of one of the oldest rainforests on Earth and the traditional home of the Penan tribe who remain the jungle experts of Borneo and 'keepers of the rainforest'. Expect to be trekking between 4-5 hours each day while learning all about basic jungle survival skills, how to build shelters, finding safe drinking water and food and starting fires. Each night will be a new campsite and you will be expected to carry your own kit and expedition hammocks as we make our way through the jungle trails... These will be hot and sweaty challenging days but hugely rewarding. *Please bring your own camping equipment – wind & waterproof hammock or camp & etc…
DAY 4 – TREK BA’ LAMAM & RETURN TO SEGAH SELA’AN HOMESTAY (B/L/D)
After Breakfast, trek to Ba’ Lamam – another Penan Settlement. The Trail will pass by Ba’ Ajeng Village & wave goodbye to the villages. The trek to Ba’ Lamam will take approximately 3 – 4 hours. Meet & greet with the headman, upon arrival at the Ba’Lamam village. Lunch at the host house & free to explore the surrounding area. Then take a 30-minute boat ride to Segah Sela’an Homestay for dinner & overnight.
DAY 5 – 4WD RETTURN TO MIRI CITY (B/L)
After breakfast, bid farewell with your host & take a 4wd return to Miri City. The journey will take approximately 6 hours’ drive. Will have some stop for toilet break or rest. Lunch en route. Transfer to your hotel in Miri
PRICE PER PERSON IN MYR:
NO. OF PAX
- E Land & river transfer as per itinerary
- 2 nights’ accommodations at Segah Sela’an Homestay
- 1 night at Ba’ Ajeng Village
- 2-night jungle camping, activity as per itinerary
- Local meals as stated in the itinerary.
- Local nature guide/trekker
- Porter (mean to bring rations only)
- Head tax
- Travel insurance
- All airfare, flight arrangements and airport tax
- Any entrance fees not mentioned above.
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services, meals and tour that are not mentioned above Video and camera fee.
- Tipping for driver and personal porter.
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay, cancellation and weather.
- Weekend, Public Holiday and Peak surcharge, early check-in, and late check-out
- Surcharge for vehicle usage between 2300 hrs - 0700 hrs
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, room services, mini bars, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Local Tourism Tax and Government Fee – Payable directly to the hotel
- The above is Nett Rates under Seat in Coach Arrangement EXCEPT exclusive tours.
- The Driver/Tour Coordinator has a right to change the itinerary due to the weather condition or any other factors beyond our control.
Recommended items to bring:
- Good hiking Shoe (made in Malaysia rubber shoes is recommended)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Insect repellent
- Leech sock
- Walking stick (if needed)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Mosquito net
- Water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Dry bag packed to carry your personal items.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rates quoted strictly for minimum number of persons as per request above, if less or any reduce no of person the rate will be different.
- This is only a quotation. No reservation has been made until we receive your written acceptance of the quotation and deposit to secure the quotation rates.
- Price is subject to any surcharge including peak season surcharge / weekend / public holiday surcharge.
- Confirmation is subject to availability of both hotels / land transfer arrangements.
- Deposit of 50% is required upon booking confirmation and final payment to be paid in full one month before arrival.
- Change of travel date is allowed and must be made 2 weeks prior to check-in date and is subject to room availability.
- Cancellation procedure:
- Travel arrangements for any member of the party may be cancelled at any time by written notice by the person who made the booking.
- Please note the following:
If notice of cancellation is received by Star Travel more than 30 days prior to the guided holiday departure date, 20% will be retained along for Star Travel’s Cancellation Fee Waiver payment.
- If full payment is not received one month prior to arrival date, Star Travel has the right to cancel your reservation. Star Travel will not be responsible for lost reservations.
- If a person in a party cancel and there is a room change caused by this cancellation (such as Twin to Single), charges for the new room type will be the responsibility of the remaining party.
No of Days
30 days and over
29 – 15 days
14 - 8 days
7- 1 days
Arrival day/ No Show
Illness or Absence
Early return expenses are the guest’s responsibility. There is no refund for absence or early departure from a guided holiday.