Kuching is surprisingly a small city however it is intriguing enough to keep you there for a few days and a decent base for exploring Sarawak. It’s sheltered and generally spotless. The name of the city, Kuching, is thought to get from the Malay word kucing, which means feline. A considerable lot of local people allude to Kuching as the “Feline City” yet it most probably originated from the Chinese word for port (“cochin”) combined with the Malay name mata kucing (cat’s-eye).
DATE VALIDITY: Until March 2021
NO. OF PAX: Minimum 2 pax
DAY 1 ARRIVAL IN KUCHING | BRIEF CITY TOUR
Upon arrival at Kuching International Airport, meet and greet by our representative. Then proceed to Kuching City Tour by visit to the interesting places in Kuching such as China Town, Tua Pek Kong Temple, Malay Kampong, Kuching Mosque and Kuching Waterfront to view Darul Hana Bridge, the Astana, New Legislative State Assembly of Sarawak, Fort Margherita (across river) and other buildings from the past surrounding the Waterfront, General Post Office and The Square Tower. A brief stop will be made at a local souvenirs outlet Main Bazaar. Highlight of the tour is the visit to the Urang Sarawak Museum. After tour, transfer to hotel for check in and overnight at hotel.
DAY 2 SEMENGGOH WILDLIFE CENTRE | SARAWAK CULTURAL VILLAGE (B/L)
After breakfast, at 08:00 AM depart to Semenggoh Wildlife Centre. Here you can witness orang utans formerly kept as pets being nurtured to re-adapt themselves back to jungle life. Before arriving at the feeding platform, you will have a wonderful experience of walking through the amazing untouched rainforest. Then you will proceed to Pottery Factory /Local Produce Centre and Kek Lapis Warisan House. Lunch at local restaurant. After lunch, depart to Sarawak Cultural Village, the 17-acre living museum depicts the heritage of the major racial groups in Sarawak, a perfect introduction to its people, its cultures and its handicrafts.
A daily 45-minute cultural performance is not to be missed during the tour. After the tour, return to Kuching, en route stopover at Kubah RIA Market for Ikan Terubuk Sarawak and transfer to hotel for an overnight stay. (Note: Put on good walking shoes, cotton clothing to remain comfortable, wide brimmed hat / cap and sun block lotion. Bring along a poncho and a camera)
DAY 3 DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at hotel and check out. Transfer to airport for departure.
COST PER PAX (MYR)
- Return airport transfer and tour on SIC (Seat-In-Coach)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at your selected hotel
- Meals as indicated above
- Entrance fee where applicable
- Licensed tour guide either Bahasa/English speaking
- Return flight ticket
- Hotel high season surcharge & room upgrades
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, pay movies, room services, mini bars, laundries or other expenditures during the duration of tour
- Driver & guide tipping (MYR15 per guest)
- Travel Insurance
- Items not mentioned as above
- Tourism Tax for Non-Malaysian – MYR20 per person
- 10% surcharge applicable during weekends
- 15% super peak season surcharge applicable during year-end holidays, public holidays and school holidays as per the Malaysian calendar
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rates quoted strictly for minimum number of persons as per request above, if less or any reduce no of person the rate will be different.
- This is only a quotation, no reservation has been made until we receive your written acceptance of the quotation and deposit to secure the quotation rates.
- Price is subject to any surcharge including peak season surcharge / weekend / public holiday surcharge.
- Confirmation is subject to availability of both hotels / land transfer arrangements.
- Deposit of 50% is required upon booking confirmation and final payment to be paid in full one month before arrival.
- Change of travel date is allowed and has to be made 2 weeks prior to check-in date and is subject to room availability.
- Cancellation procedure:
- Travel arrangements for any member of the party may be cancelled at any time by written notice by the person who made the booking.
- Please note the following:
- If notice of cancellation is received by Star Travel more than 30 days prior to the guided holiday departure date, 20% will be retained along for Star Travel’s Cancellation Fee Waiver payment.
- If full payment is not received one month prior to arrival date, Star Travel has the right to cancel your reservation. Star Travel will not be responsible for lost reservations.
- If a person in a party cancels and there is a room change caused by this cancellation (such as Twin to Single), charges for the new room type will be the responsibility of the remaining party.
No of Days
30 days and over
29 – 15 days
14 - 8 days
7- 1 days
Arrival day/ No Show
- Illness or Absence
Early return expenses are the guest’s responsibility. There is no refund for absence or early departure from a guided holiday.