Officially, Cameron Highlands was discovered in 1885 by Sir William Cameron, an English surveyor. The dense vegetation and beautiful mountain plateaus captivated him and his companion Kulop Riau. The BOH Plantation in Ringlet, established in 1929, is the first highland tea plantation in Malaysia. Cameron Highlands was found in 1885 by William Cameron which was eventually have the area named in his honour. William Cameron, a British colonial government surveyor, accompanied by his companion, Kulop Riau, went on a mapping expedition of the Titiwangsa Range. In the expedition, they used elephants to carry them for months in a journey to explore the Titiwangsa Range. They started their adventurous tour from Tanjung Rambutan and started to trace the Kinta River to its origin. They then went through the Titiwangsa Range in a south – easterly direction. Not long after that, they stood on the summit of Mount Pondok Challi. Cameron reported that he saw a plateau, of an elevation of 4,400 to 4,500ft, at an altitude of ~6000ft (1,800m) above sea-level and the temperature falls between 8C and 25C. But Cameron failed to mark his find on the map. In the 1920s, the location of the plateau was finally confirmed by a consensus of reports from subsequent expeditions. That’s how Cameron Highlands was discovered. It was not fully developed until 1925 that it was then proposed by Sir George Maxwell as a hill resort.
DATE VALIDITY : Until 31 November 2023
DESTINATION : Cameron Highlands & Kuala Lumpur
- OF PAX : Minimum 2 adults
DAY 1: ARRIVAL KUALA LUMPUR – CAMERON HIGHLANDS
Arrival Kuala Lumpur International Airport, meet by our representative. Proceed for journey to Cameron Highlands (estimate about 4-5hours). Check-in hotel. Overnight in Cameron Highlands hotel. Free at leisure.
DAY 2: CAMERON HIGHLANDS / KUALA LUMPUR (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Hotel check out. Half day countryside tour.
Places to visit: Rose Valley, Strawberry Farm, Butterfly Park, Tea Plantation, Honeybee Farm and Local Vegetable / Fruit Market.
Continue journey back to Kuala Lumpur. Check in hotel. Overnight in Kuala Lumpur. Free at leisure.
DAY 3: KUALA LUMPUR FULLDAY TOUR (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Pick up at hotel lobby and proceed for Full Day Kuala Lumpur city tour.
Places to visit: Petronas Twin Tower (photo stop), King's Palace (photo stop), the National Museum, National Mosque (photo stop), National Monument and to the buildings at the Independence Square, Sultan Abdul Samad Building as well as the Moorish-styled railway station (drive by).
Lunch at local restaurant (own expenses).
Continue to the Royal Selangor Pewter will feature the largest and most modern pewter factory in the world, reputed internationally for its high quality and craftsmanship. You will be shown the different processes, such as casting, filling, polishing, soldering, hammering and engraving during this factory tour. Next, short stop at Local Batik Centre before proceeding to the limestone hills of Batu Caves; a flight of 272 steps lead up to the temple cave.
After tour back to hotel.
Overnight at Kuala Lumpur hotel.
DAY 4: DEPARTURE (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Free at own leisure until transfer to airport for departure.
**Itinerary is subject to change based on driver cum guide discretion due to traffic and weather condition.
Strawberry Park Resort(4star)
Strawberry Park Resort
DeKing Boutique Hotel
PRICE PER-PERSON IN MYR:
2 - 3 PAX
4 – 5 PAX
6 – 8 PAX
8 – 10 PAX
- 3 nights’ accommodation with daily breakfast based on twin sharing
- Return airport transfer with English Speaking Driver Cum Guide
- All transportation and tours with English Speaking Driver Cum Guide as per stated in itinerary only
- Meal’s arrangement as per stated in itinerary only
- All airfare, flight arrangements and airport tax
- Theme Park ticket and any entrance fees not mentioned above
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services, meals and tour that are not mentioned above
- Video and camera fee
- Tipping for driver
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay, cancellation and weather conditions.
- Weekend, Public Holiday and Peak surcharge, early check-in and late check-out arrangement
- Surcharge for vehicle usage between 2300 hrs - 0700 hrs
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, room services, mini bars, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Local Tourism Tax and Government Fee – client pay directly to the hotel
- Child is from 5 – 11 years old
- Tourism Tax for Non-Malaysian – MYR10 per person (payable directly to the hotel by client)
- Sustainability fee for all tourist – MYR3 (payable directly to the hotel by client)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rates quoted strictly for minimum number of persons as per request above, if less or any reduce no of person the rate will be different.
- This is only a quotation. No reservation has been made until we receive your written acceptance of the quotation and deposit to secure the quotation rates.
- Price is subject to any surcharge including peak season surcharge / weekend / public holiday surcharge.
- Confirmation is subject to availability of both hotels / land transfer arrangements.
- Deposit of 50% is required upon booking confirmation and final payment to be paid in full one month before arrival.
- Change of travel date is allowed and must be made 2 weeks prior to check-in date and is subject to room availability.
- Cancellation procedure:
- Travel arrangements for any member of the party may be cancelled at any time by written notice by the person who made the booking.
- Please note the following:
If notice of cancellation is received by Star Travel more than 30 days prior to the guided holiday departure date, 20% will be retained along for Star Travel’s Cancellation Fee Waiver payment.
- If full payment is not received one month prior to arrival date, Star Travel has the right to cancel your reservation. Star Travel will not be responsible for lost reservations.
- If a person in a party cancels and there is a room change caused by this cancellation (such as Twin to Single), charges for the new room type will be the responsibility of the remaining party.
No of Days
30 days and over
29 – 15 days
14 - 8 days
7- 1 days
Arrival day/ No Show
Illness or Absence
Early return expenses are the guest’s responsibility. There is no refund for absence or early departure from a guided holiday.