Looking for a challenging adventure? Mount Kinabalu towers at 4,095 metres above sea level and is the highest peak between the Himalayas and New Guinea, also the most prominent in Southeast Asia. Climbing Mount Kinabalu isn’t just a physically challenging experience but is also a unique journey through the tropical jungle at the base, to the rocky sub-alpine summit plateau. A whole range of exotic plants can be found in the different climates along the way such as bamboo, mosses, orchids, ratans and Mount Kinabalu’s famous pitcher plants in abundance.
DATE VALIDITY: Until September 2020
CLIMB DATE: September 2020 – January 2021
NO. OF PAX: Minimum 2 pax
DAY 1 ARRIVAL AT KOTA KINABALU | PARK HQ | TIMPOHON GATE | ASCEND MOUNT KINABALU | LABAN RATA (P.L/D)
06:45 AM – 07:00 AM - You will be picked up from the hotel lobby and will be taken on a 2 hour journey to Kinabalu Park HQ. Collect your packed lunch. Then proceed to the Park HQ to register for the climb, meet assigned mountain guide and apply for ID tag. Remember to wear ID tag all times (Your original passport/IC will be required to be presented at the registration desk for verification purposes). You’ll then be transferred to starting point at Timpohon Gate where your journey to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountains will begin. The climb will take approximately 4 to 5 hours. During the hike, you will pass by different vegetation zones from oak and chestnut to mossy and to alpine type of vegetation. Arrive at Laban Rata and, check in to one of the assorted Laban Rata huts at 3,272m (non-heated dormitory beds) in the late afternoon. Buffet dinner at Laban Rata restaurant and overnight at Laban Rata.
DAY 2 LOW’S PEAK | DESCEND MOUNT KINABALU | KOTA KINABALU (SUPPER/B/L)
02:00 AM - Early supper at hotel and depart for continuation of journey towards the summit of Mount Kinabalu. The journey up to the Low’s peak at 4,095m will test your fitness and determination. Depending on the speed of trekking, you might be able to experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mount Kinabalu.
07:00 AM - Descend back to Laban Rata for late breakfast and check out. Trek down to Timpohon Gate to transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquaters. You can now collect your Certificate of Achievement. Next, proceed to lunch at The Balsam Restaurant located in Kinabalu Park. After lunch, transfer back to Kota Kinabalu City.
Remark: Please be on time otherwise you may have to find your own transportation. Request for early/late pick up can be arranged upon request (chargeable). Please bring along your original documents such as passport/identity card.
- Entrance fee
- Climbing permit
- Climbing insurance
- Mountain guide
- 1 night stay at Laban Rata Resthouse
- Meals as stated (1 packed lunch, 1 dinner, 1 supper, 1 breakfast and 1 lunch)
- Transportation (Kota Kinabalu – Kinabalu Park – Timpohon Gate – Kinabalu Park – Kota Kinabalu)
- International or Domestic Flight
- Travel insurance
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, pay movies, room services, mini bars, laundries or other expenditures during the duration of tour
- All services that are not stated above
- Tourism Tax for Non-Malaysian – MYR10 per person
- 10% surcharge applicable during weekends
- 15% super peak season surcharge applicable during year-end holidays, public holidays and school holidays as per the Malaysian calendar
THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING FOR CLIMBING
- Waterproof backpack to store your items
- Trekking or running shoes with good grip
- Warm clothing/long sleeves shirt/hiking pants
- Jacket/wind breaker
- Extra clothing and socks
- Hand gloves and winter hat
- Disposable raincoats
- Head torch
- Personal toiletries
- Refillable water bottle
- High energy food such as chocolate, nuts, biscuits, sweets or energy bars.
OPTIONAL THINGS TO BRING
- Medication such as headache tablets or altitude sickness tablets
- Tissue paper/toilet roll
- Sunblock lotion, lip gloss, plasters
- Insect repellent/mosquitos oil
- Waterproof bag
- Plastic bags
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Rates quoted strictly for minimum number of persons as per request above, if less or any reduce no of person the rate will be different.
- This is only a quotation, no reservation has been made until we receive your written acceptance of the quotation and deposit to secure the quotation rates.
- Price is subject to any surcharge including peak season surcharge / weekend / public holiday surcharge.
- Confirmation is subject to availability of both hotels / land transfer arrangements.
- Deposit of 50% is required upon booking confirmation and final payment to be paid in full one month before arrival.
- Change of travel date is allowed and has to be made 2 weeks prior to check-in date and is subject to room availability.
- Cancellation procedure:
- Travel arrangements for any member of the party may be cancelled at any time by written notice by the person who made the booking.
- Please note the following:
- If notice of cancellation is received by Star Travel more than 30 days prior to the guided holiday departure date, 20% will be retained along for Star Travel’s Cancellation Fee Waiver payment.
- If full payment is not received one month prior to arrival date, Star Travel has the right to cancel your reservation. Star Travel will not be responsible for lost reservations.
- If a person in a party cancels and there is a room change caused by this cancellation (such as Twin to Single), charges for the new room type will be the responsibility of the remaining party.
No of Days
30 days and over
29 – 15 days
14 - 8 days
7- 1 days
Arrival day/ No Show
- Illness or Absence
Early return expenses are the guest’s responsibility. There is no refund for absence or early departure from a guided holiday.